Saturday, May 11, 2013

Faux Paint Swatch Cards

I spent the evening working on some cards using the Faux Paint Swatch Technique from the publication Technique Junkies Newsletter. If you are a card maker or a paper artist of any kind this newsletter is a must. It comes out about 8 times a year and is just chuck full of all kinds of techniques for all skill levels.  I will post the link at the bottom. 

Ingredients
Kraft Card Bases
Decorative Papers
Washi Tapes
White Cardstock
3 Shade of the Same Color of Dye Ink (I found distress inks worked great for this technique)
Masking Tape
Acrylic Stamping Block
Fuchsia Folk Art Extreme Glitter Paint
Sponge Paint Brush
Tiny Heart Stencil (I used Heidi Swapps Confetti)
Stazon Black Ink
Rubber Stamps  
Glue Stick
Ruler
Xacto Knife

I won't share the Faux Paint Swatch Technique because you should buy the publications.  But look at how cool this background technique looks. 


I made two sets this one above with several colors of pink.


This set is several shades of orange. 

Here is the website http://www.techniquejunkies.com/

Enjoy!!!!!

No comments: